A 2010 UK government funded project called ‘Foresight’, involving over 400 experts, and including over 100 reviews of science based literature researched the 5 best actions that individuals can do in their lives to increase well-being and satisfaction with life.
Their findings were (in no particular order)
1. Connect – invest time in social relationships and community
2. Be Active (the fastest way out of a bad mood) – dance, walk, run…whatever floats your boat
3. Take Notice (be aware of what is happening around you, the changing of the seasons, the faces of other people, the sounds, the sights, the smells)
4. Keep Learning (throughout your whole life) – older people who continue learning are happier and healthier, be curious, engage your mind – it’s more about curiosity rather than formal learning – so don’t feel you have to enrol on a course (learn to cook, play an instrument, design a webpage)
5. Give (your time, your money and your compassion). Research has shown time and time again that spending on other people makes you happier than spending on yourself.
Overcome Anxiety - YOU CAN GET THE AUDIO BOOK FOR FREE with an Audible UK 30 day free trial by clicking here (UK). You can keep the audio book for free even if you cancel after the free trial. This is the link if you live USA: click here
Overcome Social Anxiety - YOU CAN GET THE AUDIO BOOK FOR FREE with an Audible 30 day free trial by clicking here (UK). You can keep the audio book for free even if you cancel after the free trial. This is the link if you live USA: click here
My Online Course: Overcome Anxiety and Panic Attacks — A Self Help Workbook Course for Anxiety Relief and Panic Attacks is available at a discounted price on Udemy by using this link